Tribal IAQ Workshops and Training
As part of the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency's Region 10 Tribal Indoor Air Quality Project, the Washington State University Extension Energy Program provides free assistance tailored to tribal needs. Call us for:
- On-site skills training: Tribal members get hands-on experience using monitoring equipment and other tools. Skills training sessions can be schedule for a half day, or up to three days;
- On-site technical support: Regional experts come to your building to assist with indoor air quality issues;
- School indoor air quality workshops;
- Building walk-through and assessment;
- Help developing a customized program to prevent and solve indoor air quality problems;
- Formal presentations for large or small groups: Our staff can lead seminars, workshops and community events on the topic of indoor air quality;
- Regional events: Our staff can organize two- or three-day events that give tribal members a chance to network with others interested in improving indoor air quality in homes, offices and school buildings.
Available presentations include:
Orientation to indoor air quality, two days
Advanced indoor air quality, two days
Mold, moisture and ventilation, two days. This hands-on demonstration course includes a day in the classroom followed by a day installing a whole-house ventilator in a tribal home.
Check the Calendar for events already scheduled in your area.