Tribal IAQ Mission
The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency's Region 10 Tribal Indoor Air Quality Project provides practical and timely information, training and technical support for Northwest tribes.
The goal of the project is to improve indoor environments in schools, homes, and offices by reducing exposure to indoor air pollutants.
- Increase awareness through information and training.
- Develop in-house skills through workshops, manuals, and on-site technical assistance.
- Provide ready access to resources to help prevent and solve IAQ problems .
- Loan IAQ monitoring equipment.
- Assist with conducting IAQ monitoring.
- Improve durability of buildings and reduce costs associated with renovation, maintenance, and repair while enhancing comfort and energy efficiency.
- Improve achievement in schools and productivity in offices.
- Reduce stress and improve worker morale.