Tribal IAQ Mission
The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency's Region 10 Tribal Indoor Air Quality Project provides practical and timely information, training and technical support for Northwest tribes.
The goal of the project is to improve indoor environments in schools, homes and offices by reducing exposures to indoor air pollutants.
- Increase awareness through information and training;
- Develop in-house skills through workshops, manuals and on-site technical assistance;
- Provide ready access to resources to help prevent and solve IAQ problems;
- Provide IAQ equipment to loan;
- Assist with conducting IAQ monitoring;
- Improve durability of buildings and reduce costs associated with renovation, maintenance and repair, while enhancing comfort and energy efficiency;
- Improve achievement in schools, and office worker productivity;
- Reduce stress and improve worker morale.